Our flexible booking conditions enable you to easily adjust your holiday booking should your circumstances change for any reason.
With travel restrictions and changing government guidance still present in our lives, we at Skedaddle are committed to doing everything we can to help more of you enjoy fun on two wheels in the most enjoyable and responsible way possible. For more information about this see our dedicated page.
To help you better plan ahead with peace of mind, we want to reassure you that your holiday is financially protected and that you will be well looked after by us, no matter what happens. That’s why, in addition to the enhanced safety measures we have introduced on our cycle tours, we’ve adapted our cancellation policy to ensure we offer additional flexibility for all new bookings during this time.* See our full terms and conditions here.
Our promise to you…
- If we have to cancel a tour because of COVID-19, you will have the option of a full refund. We’ll only run tours in destinations that are safe and will always follow the most up-to-date government guidance. We will cancel any tours where the FCDO advice advises against all but essential travel.
- You can cancel for any reason up to 90 days before the tour departure date and transfer free of charge to a future date, an alternative destination, or receive a credit note for the full value of your payment.
- Your money is protected by ABTOT, whether as a payment for a specific holiday or as a credit note. This means if you are entitled to a refund this is guaranteed, no matter the circumstances.
In addition, it’s essential that you…
- Have appropriate travel insurance so that if you fall ill and test positive for COVID-19 prior to (or during) your tour, you will be financially covered for cancelling your trip. Please contact our team if you need some advice. In doing so, we can ensure our local communities are impacted as little as possible and can continue to deliver the excellent holidays we know you love. This extended team are predominantly small businesses and our aim is to honour our commitments to them, so we can all rebuild after COVID-19.
- Keep up to date with local requirements in your chosen destination. This might relate to testing or vaccination requirements for entering your destination or using facilities such as hotels and restaurants while you are there. These requirements can change often and while we will do our best to keep you up to date, you need to ensure you are aware of, and can comply with, any requirements which might be in place at the time you travel. Depending on the circumstances we may not be able to offer a refund if you can’t comply with these kind of requirements. For UK based travellers the best source of information is the Government’s foreign travel advice.
*Applies for bookings received before the 28th Feb 2022. There are a handful of tours where we are unable to offer this same flexibility. See excluded trips here.