To the Skedaddle community,
NB: This page is being updated regularly to bring you the latest information regarding this quickly evolving picture.
We hope that you, your family and friends are in good health and have been coping okay during this strange time. Having overcome some of the most difficult months in Skedaddles 25 years of delivering cycling holidays, our global team are now adjusting to the ‘new normal’, hopeful that better days are on the way.
For those of you with existing Skedaddle bookings, we would like to take this opportunity to give you an update, here goes:
- If you had planned to go away with us in September or the coming months, you should have heard from us by now or you should hear from us soon to discuss your travel options. Thanks again for your patience as we worked our way through the list of passengers booked with us this year.
- We won’t be processing your balance payment until we have confirmed we can safely run your trip and you have agreed you are happy with any changes we have had to make, in light of COVID-19.
- If you are due to travel with us but have concerns about travelling this year, please do get in touch with us as soon as possible. Our team are on hand to discuss next steps, including options to transfer to a future holiday in 2021. If you can’t commit to an alternative date now, you can receive a credit note, which you can use against a future Skedaddle holiday, subject to availability.
- Please be assured your money is protected, whether as payment for a specific holiday or as a credit note, we are bonded by ABTOT and are members of ABTA.
If you are interested in booking a holiday with us departing in 2020, please be aware:
- With a limited range of tours with restricted availability (click here for the full list), we advise you get in touch with our team as soon as possible to discuss preferred dates and options.
- We’ll only run cycle tours in destinations that are safe and will always follow the most up-to-date government guidance. We will cancel any holidays that are due to depart imminently where the FCDO advice advises against all but essential travel.
- If we have to cancel a cycling tour because of COVID-19 we will offer a free transfer to a future date or a credit note, which you can use against any Skedaddle holiday (subject to availability), or a full refund if you are unable to switch.
- In the lead up to your cycle tour, we’ll share information about what you can expect in your destination before taking your balance. If you’d prefer not to travel and you want to cancel, you can transfer to a future date, switch to an alternative Skedaddle tour, or receive a credit note. Given the situation, we want to give you as much booking flexibility as possible, so should your circumstances change prior to receiving this pre balance payment information, do get in touch and we can discuss your options.
- Your money is protected, whether as a payment for a specific holiday or as a credit note, we are bonded by ABTOT.
- We have over 25 years of experience operating cycling holidays and are monitoring the situation very closely, including close communication with our passionate local teams. This means we can monitor and react appropriately to any evolving news that may affect your trip.
- As well as medical cover, we recommend that you have appropriate travel insurance so that if you fall ill and test positive for COVID-19 prior to (or during) your cycle tour, you will be financially covered for cancelling your trip. You should also consider booking a policy that covers you if you have to cancel or curtail your holiday because you have to self-isolate. Check your policy for details or please contact us and we can suggest some options which might help.
If you’re looking ahead to 2021 and keen to join us then, here are some things we’d like to flag:
- Our dates and prices are all now available online and ready for you to check out and book on to. Please be aware that due to a high volume of transfers from affected departures this year, many of our group tours are already filling up fast. So you don’t miss out, here are our most popular departures.
- Did you know you can use our ‘register your interest’ form on popular group holidays to let us know that you’re interested, without paying your deposit right now.
- We hope that we may be back to more normality by 2021 and so our usual terms and conditions still apply. Rest assured, we will monitor the situation and review this should the need arise.
Cycle with Confidence
Whenever you’re looking to travel with us, we wanted to reassure you that the safety of our customers, staff and local partners remains our top priority as always. Our experts have worked tirelessly to develop a number of solutions that mean we can get several of our trips back up and running and we are chuffed to now share how we have adapted our safety procedures so you can cycle with confidence.
An update on our team
We are a small, friendly business, built on inspiring people to travel by bike in a sustainable, community-led way. Throughout the COVID-19 crisis our passionate, global community have all been in this together – that’s the (virtual) office team and our extended family of small, local businesses – everyone from Naomi and Dan and their teams in Italy and Spain to our many local partners across the globe, our lovely guides, the hoteliers, and beyond.
Remote working continues to help keep us well connected with each other, enabling us to offer the great service we know you love! We’re all chuffed to finally see global restrictions begin to lift and are excited to run a selection of tours in some of our key destinations once again this year. However, given this remains a rapidly evolving situation, we are still not able to provide the normal level of work for many in our extensive team, just yet.
By sharing friendship, compassion and support, we will continue to find a way through these difficult days. Your continued support – whether this is kind words, bookings for 2021 or patience as we navigate the daily challenges – as ever, means the world to us.
Thanks again – we cannot wait to welcome you back!
Paul, Andrew and the Skedaddle Team