NB: This page was last updated on 12/10/2021
With the cycling season winding down for 2021, we’re casting our net further ahead and thinking about all the exciting adventures on two wheels that await us in 2022 and beyond!
It’s been incredible to help so many of you escape for fun at the speed of the bike across the British Isles, as well as Europe this summer and autumn. We’ve been loving all your kind feedback, which you can see on our holiday pages and in our dedicated feedback blog.
With the government introducing a simplified traffic light system, things are looking much more positive for overseas travel moving forwards. This means we can now confidently gear up to deliver even more of our inspiring cycling holidays as usual in 2022! Keep reading to discover more and find out how you can join us…
Currently planning a holiday on two wheels?
We still have some options to choose from for 2021, so do get in touch if you are eager to get away and we can talk you through these.
We know many of you are already planning ahead to 2022 and eager to make up for lost time on your bike, we don’t blame you! You’ll be pleased to hear dates are online and available to book. We even have 2023 dates available for some of our most popular trips, including Iconic end-to-end journeys and our long-haul destinations.
If you’re looking for some inspiration to help you plan your next adventure by bike, don’t miss the following:
- Popular cycling holidays in 2022, save your place before it’s too late!
- Your chance to take on a thrilling new cycling holiday in 2022
- Sign up to our weekly newsletter to hear all the latest news on trips
- Not sure where to begin? Take a look at this handy guide full of useful advice
If you are planning on travelling overseas this year, there are a few things we wanted to share:
- While the traffic light system offers a good guide on what you will need to do on your return to the UK, it is also important to keep an eye on the government’s travel advice to stay up to date with the latest restrictions.
- For those eager to head overseas later this year, we recommend taking a look at ABTA’s dedicated page, where you’ll find handy tips to prepare for travelling abroad again. Alternatively, do drop us a line – we’re here to help!
Our team can’t wait to welcome you back
When you book with us your safety is our number one priority. That’s why in light of COVID-19 we have adapted our safety protocols and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future, to ensure your safety. Making sure you have the same enjoyable experience regardless the restrictions was something we weren’t willing to compromise and we think we got the balance just right. Just ask Karen Nicol who joined us on Land’s End to John O’Groat’s trip, or Russell Hogg who conquered Hadrian’s Cycleway.
After 25 years of delivering cycling holidays in a sustainable way, the ongoing pandemic’s impact on our daily lives has reinforced to us the positive social, cultural and economic role cycle tourism can have. We have a responsibility to the people and places we travel to and we cannot wait to bring them more visitors again safely this year. That’s everyone from Naomi and Dan and their teams in Italy and Spain, to our many local partners across the globe, our lovely guides, the hoteliers, and beyond.
Thank you again to our extended community of Skedaddlers for your continued support – it’s been one heck of a ride, with so many individual challenges, but better times are coming!
Until next time, take care and keep pedallin’,
Paul, Andrew and The Skedaddle team