Pedal for an even greater cause this summer with these top five UNESCO-inspired holidays, where the culture is as enthralling as the cycling…
- Croatia – Southern Dalmatia: Discover medieval delights along this dazzling stretch of coastline. UNESCO highlights include the tiny walled town of Trogir, as well as magical Split and its extraordinary Palace of Diocletian.
- France – Brittany: More medieval gems can be found in the north-west of France, where the ‘Wonder of the West’ awaits your wheels. Le Mont-St-Michel is a gothic-style abbey set on a rocky outcrop on the beach – a unique site that promises to wow.
- Spain – Camino de Santiago: The ‘end goal’ of Europe’s most popular pilgrimage, Santiago de Compostela, is well worth the effort! This historic old town is a granite masterpiece and its quaint winding streets offer many adventures – the perfect ending to your historical journey.
- Italy – Piemonte: Lovers of vino will think they’ve landed in heaven when they discover the historic vineyard landscapes of Piemonte. With wineries dating back to the 5th Century BC, this is true vintage-vine land!
- Austria – Ten Lakes Tour: Alongside soaking up the celebrated centre of Salzburg, you’ll also take in the idyllic Salzkammergut landscapes, which radiate natural beauty, as well as making a great place for that all-important post-ride picnic.