Skedaddle has over 25 years of experience delivering amazing adventures with the health, safety and comfort of our travellers at the heart of everything we do.
Ensuring we deliver safe cycling holidays has always been at the core of how we work, so in light of COVID-19, we have adapted and modified our procedures. Recognising that this is an ever-evolving situation, we continue to work closely with all our partners and suppliers across the world to ensure that they are complying with COVID-19 related guidance locally while delivering an excellent experience for you.
We’ve addressed some of the main areas that you may have concerns and questions about below, but as always, we love a good chat, so if there’s anything else you would like to discuss, get in touch by calling us on 0191 265 1110 (toll-free US and Canada 1-888-414-6437) or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In short, you can cycle with confidence, safe in the knowledge we have everything covered.
Book with confidence
It’s a strange time for everyone right now and so we want to reassure you that your holiday is financially protected and that you will be well looked after by us, whatever happens. With that in mind…
- We’ve enhanced our booking flexibility to give you peace of mind to book.
- We’ll only run tours in destinations that are safe and will always follow the most up-to-date government guidance. We will cancel any tours where the FCDO advice advises against all but essential travel.
- If we have to cancel a tour because of COVID-19 we will offer a free transfer to a future date or a credit note, which you can use against any Skedaddle holiday (subject to availability), or a full refund if you are unable to switch.
- Your money is protected, whether as a payment for a specific holiday or as a credit note. We are bonded by ABTOT.
- We have over 25 years of experience operating cycling holidays and are monitoring the situation very closely, including close communication with our passionate local teams. This means we can react appropriately to any evolving news that may affect your trip. That said, it’s important to familiarise yourself with the FCDO travel advice and Travel Health Pro websites. Being aware of the UK government’s advice and details around any entry requirements and requirements for your return home is recommended. Please note this advice is subject to change at short notice.
- We recommend that you have appropriate travel insurance so that if you fall ill and test positive for COVID-19 prior to (or during) your tour, you will be financially covered for cancelling your trip. Check your policy for details. As well as medical cover consider booking a policy that covers you if you have to cancel or curtail your holiday because you have to self-isolate. Please contact us and we can suggest some options which might help.
In light of COVID-19, we’ve adapted the safety policies on our holidays. Rest assured, we are adhering to the British Government and Public Health guidelines, which means we can proudly say ‘we’re good to go’. Alongside this, we are also following the best practices outlined in the ATTAs COVID-19 guidelines. Keep reading to learn more about how we have adapted our holidays.
Social distancing and enhanced hygiene
By now we hope you are all familiar with the ‘new normal’ and for the safety of everyone, we will be ensuring our cycle tours comply with local guidelines, where required. In reality, you’ll be out on your bikes most of the day enjoying the great outdoors, so you’ll have plenty of time to relax and unwind.
- We have always run holidays with small groups – on average 10 people (maximum 16 people) as we believe this is the most responsible – and enjoyable – way to travel. During this time you may even see smaller group sizes as we observe social distancing guidance on our holidays.
- Face coverings should be worn in compliance with local guidelines, which in most destinations includes when using public transport, in shops and certain attractions, and whenever social distancing cannot be observed. Please be aware of face covering requirements for travel to your destination. Pre-departure, we aim to summarise this information for you and remind you to make sure you bring your face covering(s), to last you the duration of your trip.
- Our team continues to observe good hygiene practice, including regular handwashing and sanitising, and request that customers do the same. Depending on where you travel, you may not be able to purchase supplies locally, so best to come with adequate supplies of hand sanitiser for use throughout your holiday.
Bikes, vehicles and equipment
We know you love the extra support we offer on tour and so we’ve made sure you continue to have access to all these essential holiday components.
- Our team will guide you through the new protocols when using bikes, equipment and and vehicles used on your trip.
- All hire bikes will be sanitised prior to use. In addition to this, on group tours, we’ll be sanitising all bikes and GPS units regularly.
- All transfer staff will be adhering to recognised local hygiene guidelines and these vehicles will be regularly deep cleaned, with extra attention paid to regular touchpoints.
- To ensure the safety of you and our team your luggage may be sprayed with sanitiser.
Food and accommodation
Amazing food and lovely places to stay are a big part of the Skedaddle experience. All our accommodation providers are following relevant local guidelines relating to COVID-19. The impact of new measures should be minimal and may vary from place-to-place, however, these will always be clearly communicated to you by staff our team on the ground.
- You may notice increased and enhanced cleaning and hygiene practices, in guest rooms and communal areas.
- In some places, temperature checks will be conducted upon entering.
- Measures promoting social distancing will be in place and you may be asked to avoid communal areas and touchpoints.
- For the foreseeable future, while we will continue to ensure you have plenty of refreshments and snacks on group tours, we have adapted our lunches in line with Covid-19 protocols.
Skedaddle team here to help
Our friendly team is on hand to answer any questions or concerns you may have before, during and after your tour.
- Once you’ve booked a tour with us, we’ll keep you updated on what you can expect from your chosen destination! Our detailed Cycling With Confidence documents will come with information you’ll need to know, from local information on social distancing and PPE, to accommodation differences and beyond and refer you to appropriate sources of information to help you prepare and make the most of your holiday.
- Our local representatives and guides will highlight any special protocols and ensure high standards of cleanliness throughout the tour.
- We provide contact details for our local teams alongside emergency phone support 24/7, so if you run into any issues, help is just a quick call away.
Your valued cooperation
Friendship, trust and community have always been core Skedaddle values. We’ve been blown away by your support and understanding and we hope we can rely on your continued flexibility for the benefit of all: you, our local teams, accommodation providers and the people and places you visit. Given the fast-moving nature of the situation, we may have to make decisions quickly, always with the safety and wellbeing of you and our team in mind.
As members of ABTA, we’re up to date with all the latest travel advice and they’ve created a handy Get Ready to Travel guide for those looking to head abroad. It contains lots of tips and useful information and we highly recommend reading their advice.
Some important requests from us:
- It is essential that you are in good health when embarking on your holiday. We’ll be checking in with you ahead of your trip, but in the rare event you fall ill before or during your tour, it is essential you follow the guidelines provided by us in your pre-departure information.
- Skedaddle reserves the right to restrict symptomatic or exposed travellers from joining a tour.
- Please check that your travel insurance includes medical cover for COVID-19 so that if you fall ill and test positive for COVID-19 during your cycle tour, you will be looked after without additional cost. We also recommend your insurance covers against cancellation should you fall ill before your tour or otherwise can’t make it. See the details on travel insurance in the previous section Safe to travel.
- Please follow any travel restrictions or quarantine requirements in your intended destination.
- We ask that all customers follow the advice and requests detailed in the previous section Social distancing and hygiene.
- It’s important to familiarise yourself with the FCDO travel advice and Travel Health Pro websites. Being aware of the UK government’s advice and details around any entry requirements and requirements for your return home is recommended. Please note this advice is subject to change at short notice.
Private tours with Skedaddle
Want an exclusive trip for your family and friends? We know the presence and implications of COVID-19 means many of you are eager to travel with people you know. We want to remind you that we can create bespoke trips for you and your group. Not only can it provide peace of mind having only familiar faces travelling with you, but we can also tailor the experience especially for your group’s needs too! Get in touch to discuss options at email@example.com