We get it, Terms and Conditions can be dull! But they are also important and help make sure you are going to be happy with the trip you are booking and the service you are going to receive. While you will need to ensure you read our full conditions before making a booking, we have summarised here, in plain English, the bits you might be most interested in.
Making a Booking
To make a booking you must complete a booking form on the website, via one of our team on the phone or by regular mail. We will let you know we have received your booking by email or regular mail if you prefer. You booking is only confirmed once we have taken your deposit, which is when a contract is formed between us and our booking conditions are applied.
You will receive an invoice showing you any remaining balance and your due date, usually 56 days before your trip. If your balance is not paid on time we may have to cancel your booking and retain the relevant cancellation charges.
Cancellation or transfer by you
If you need to cancel your trip please do so in writing (including email – see our full conditions for details) as soon as possible. Depending on how far in advance you cancel you will be entitled to the following refund:
- 56 days or more before the departure date: you will forfeit your deposit;
- more than 28 days and less than 56 days: a 50% refund of the trip price will be made;
- less than 28 days before the departure date: no refund will be given;
If you need to transfer any booking made in your name into the name of another person, you will need to write to us (including by email) with details at least fourteen (14) days before your trip. There may be an administration charge to cover the cost of this transfer. – see our full conditions for further details.
Cancellation by us
We will usually only cancel your trip if we feel it would be unsafe to operate it or that circumstances beyond our control mean the trip wouldn’t be up to scratch – see our full conditions for details.
We may also have to cancel your trip if we don’t reach the minimum number of people we need. If this is the case we will usually let you know 4-8 weeks before departure (depending upon when you booked), but certainly no later than 20 days.
In the event of our insolvency you are provided financial protection by The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT). Check out our full booking conditions or visit https://www.skedaddle.com/uk/page/Holiday_Protection/6/view.rails for more info.
If you have any problems with any element of your trip, or how we are looking after you, please let us know as soon as possible so we can try to fix things. If we can’t resolve the issue for you we will try to agree a suitable resolution. If you aren’t satisfied with the outcome you have the option to contact either ABTOT, the Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust (www.abtot.com) or ABTA, The Travel Association (www.ABTA.com) both of which offer a range of options or advice, including arbitration.
Full Booking Conditions
All trips are provided by Saddle Skedaddle Limited (company number 03719782), whose registered office is at The Cycle Hub, Quayside, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE6 1BU (“the Company”, “Saddle Skedaddle” “we”, “our” or “us”) and are sold subject to the following conditions.
Making a Booking
1. Prior to booking please read the trip website description, tour dossier and these booking conditions in full. If you have any questions please contact us for clarification. Please keep a record of these conditions for your records.
2. To make a booking you must be over 18 and send us, whether by rgular mail, via our website, a completed booking form and non-refundable deposit for each person. We will treat each booking form submitted as an offer by you to purchase the trip package in accordance with these terms and conditions. We will acknowledge receipt of your booking by email. If you notice any errors regarding your booking on this email, please contact us at email@example.com to correct these. A contract will only be in place between us (all persons named on the booking form) once your deposit has cleared to us and we have issued a confirmation of this. The date on the confirmation will be the date the contract is made.
3. We will invoice you for the remainder of the cost of your trip, which you must pay no later than 56 days before departure. If you book less than 56 days before departure full payment must be made on booking. If the balance is not paid in time we reserve the right to cancel your trip and apply the cancellation charges outlined below.
Cancellation by you
4. If you wish to cancel your trip, this must be done in writing (including by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) provided that in all instances receipt can be acknowledged by the person who is the first person named on the confirmation issued to you. You will be liable for the following cancellation charges:
4.1 56 days or more before the departure date: you will forfeit your deposit;
4.2 more than 28 days and less than 56 days: a 50% refund of the trip price will be made;
4.3 less than 28 days before the departure date: no refund will be given; or
4.4 if the Company requires a lesser sum than set out in 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 above to cover its reasonable costs and losses caused by the cancellation, it may at its discretion charge you that lesser sum.
5. The Company shall take all reasonable steps to keep its costs and losses to a minimum.
Cancellation by the Company
6. We may cancel your trip including in the following circumstances:
6.1 where [extraordinary or unavoidable] circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise, for example, war, riot, civil or political unrest, terrorism, poor weather conditions or technical problems arise with transport; and/or
6.2 the minimum number needed to operate one of our trips has not been met. We will advise you of this no later than 20 days prior to departure.
7. If we cancel in either of the circumstances described above, we will, if possible, offer an alternative trip. If the replacement trip is of a lower value we will refund the difference in price to you. If this is not acceptable to you we will refund all payments made to us in respect of your trip, but not any insurance premium as this product is purchased from a third party and operates from the time of purchase.
8. Please refer to conditions 10 and 11 below relating to insurance. You should utilise your insurance cover for any loss you suffer before requesting or accepting a refund from us.
9. If any person is prevented from travelling, we will agree to that person’s booking being transferred to another person who satisfies all the conditions applicable to the trip, subject to both persons accepting joint and several liability for full payment of the trip price and our charge for confirming the transfer and any additional costs arising from the transfer. We must be given reasonable notice of the transfer request, which is considered to be at least 14 days prior to the departure date.
10. To take part in our trips you must have adequate insurance cover for baggage, equipment (including, without limitation and where appropriate, bicycles and helmets intended for your use whether rented or otherwise) medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should you become too ill to continue with your trip.
11. There is insurance designed for the type of trips we offer and we recommend you purchase insurance with this type of cover. Any claims concerning matters for which you are insured must be directed to your insurers. It is your responsibility to ensure you arrive at the start of the Saddle Skedaddle itinerary within a reasonable time to commence the pre-booked tour, as we cannot refund you outside the terms of these conditions.
12. Prices quoted in our brochure, on the website or anywhere else in our literature are a guide only and may change at any time up to the point a contract is made between us. All prices include VAT at the appropriate rate. Subject to paragraph 13, after the contract is made between us we have the right to increase the price of the trip where the cost to us of providing you with the trip package increases:
12.1 due to any change in VAT or any other duties, surcharges or fees levied on your trip package;
12.2 as a result of a rise in transportation costs (including fuel, dues, taxes and embarkation fees); or
12.3 as a result of exchange rate fluctuations. Any such fluctuations will be calculated in comparison to a base rate of £1 = US$1.25, £1 = Euro 1.10, obtained at 10 September 2018.
13. We will provide a clear explanation where we have to increase the price of your trip. We will not make any such increase to the basic cost of your trip within 20 days of your trip start date. We will also absorb all such increases where they amount to less than 2% of the total cost of your trip. These provisions exclude insurance and cancellation charges. If we have to increase our prices [by 8% or more] you will be entitled to cancel your booking with us and receive a full refund, with the exception of any payments made by us on your behalf for insurance and our reasonable administration fees. If our prices decrease, you will be entitled to a refund of the amount by which your trip prices decreases, subject to any applicable insurance premium(s) and/or our reasonable administration fees.
14. Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you accept:
14.1 the risks and hazards of such a trip, including the dangers inherent in cycling either on the road or off the road, the dangers inherent in the other activities included in our other trips, the dangers of foreign travel, especially to countries that are less developed, are politically unstable or are subject to natural hazards, and any risks that result from (among other things) changes of local politics, adverse weather conditions, the poor condition of the highways, border restrictions, terrorism and disease; and
14.2 the potential for (among other things) delays, alterations, loss or damage to property, inconvenience and discomfort.
15. You should satisfy yourself before booking that you have researched your destination, made an informed decision to travel, and taken all necessary precautions. You can obtain travel advice from the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office.(https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/foreign-commonwealth-office). For Americans, we recommend you check the State Department advisories at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/. For Canadians, check the Canadians government position here: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories
16. There is a natural need to be flexible in a trip of this kind. The day to day agenda and ultimate aim of the trip is taken as an objective and not as a contractual obligation. Subject to what follows and clause 17 below (in the case of changes following departure), it is a fundamental condition of booking that you accept this flexibility, and acknowledge that delays and alterations and their subsequent results, such as inconvenience, discomfort, or disappointment, are possible. If there is a significant change to essential terms of your trip after booking, but before your departure date, we will notify you of these changes as soon as possible. If you are not satisfied with these changes we will work with you to find a practical alternative. If you are not satisfied with the alternatives we can provide you will be entitled to cancel your booking without penalty and any money paid for services provided by the Company will be refunded. No refund will be offered for services not booking with the Company e.g travel costs.
17. If after departure we are unable to provide a significant proportion of the services we had agreed to aim to provide as part of our contract with you, we will act reasonably to make suitable alternative arrangements. Any associated price increases/decreases or cancellations will be managed in accordance with clauses 6, 7, 12 and 13 above.
18. On any of our trips it is necessary that you abide by the authority of the leader, who represents the Company, and whose decision is final. Completing our booking form signifies your agreement to this, and if you commit any inappropriate, offensive or illegal act when on the trip or if in the reasonable opinion of the leader your behaviour is causing or likely to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others we may immediately terminate your travel arrangements and associated participation in the relevant trip without any liability on our part (see also clause 30 below).
19. We cannot at any time guarantee the composition of the group in terms of age, nationality, gender, singles and couples.
20. Please note that flights and other products you purchase separately do not form part of your trip package with us.
21. Travel arrangements to meet or on leaving any tour/trip are your responsibility. Any guidance we may provide is simply that and must be checked by you.
22. Our responsibility does not commence until the appointed time at the designated meeting point. If you fail to arrive there at the appointed time for whatever reason, we will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by you to meet up with the group.
23. Any information given by the Company in regard to climate, clothing, special equipment, topography etc is done so in good faith and must be rechecked by you prior to relying on it.
24. No refund or compensation will be made or given for any unused hotel accommodation, services or features of the trip where unused at your discretion or as a result of your action/inaction.
Medical and special requirements
25. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to complete your chosen trip. We reserve the right to require you to produce a doctor’s certificate of fitness to participate in your chosen trip. If you are affected by any condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect your or other people’s enjoyment of the trip, you must advise us before booking. If you do not do so, we may cancel your trip at any time.
26. Medical vaccinations and other preliminary arrangements including passport, travellers cheques, visa procurement are your responsibility. Recommended vaccinations for each tour are detailed in the specific tour dossiers. Please check these before booking and comply with any recommendations in good time. Allow suitable time to obtain these vaccinations and consult your local GP.
27. We welcome people with restricted mobility, medical or particular care requirements or a disability, and aim to ensure that our services are as accessible as reasonably possible to all. However, in order that we may consider the possibility of making reasonable adjustments, it is important that we are fully informed of any needs, requirements and conditions before any booking is concluded. Please telephone us and we will be happy to discuss availability, suitability and potential reasonable adjustments with you, including any requirement for you or a member of your party to be accompanied by someone who is able to provide for any particular needs you or they may have, over and above any reasonable adjustments we are able to make.
28. If you have special requirements a risk assessment might be required prior to confirming a booking or allowing participation in certain activities. Please note that we rely on the information you provide to help us anticipate and satisfy your needs. We therefore require you to give us a full and frank description of your needs in advance of booking and as required prior to departure and throughout any proceeding trip (whether related to special requirements or otherwise). You must update us with any change in your circumstances prior to and during your stay. Our guides can only provide general first aid. As such it may be necessary for you or a member of your party to be able to administer or attend to your/their own medical needs or have someone accompany you/them who can do so.
29. You should inform us immediately if, within 4 weeks prior to your arrival date or during your break, any member of your party has, or develops, an infectious or contagious medical condition. If so, we have the right to:
29.1 refuse to accept your booking;
29.2 cancel your trip; or
29.3 ask any member of your party to leave immediately, should we, at our reasonable discretion, consider it necessary to protect the health of others.
30. Your behaviour should not be excessive, noisy or disruptive, especially at night. Your behaviour must at all times be appropriate to the culture of the country you are visiting. Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in the police being involved. We do not consider offensive or aggressive behaviour or language towards our staff to be acceptable. We may ask you and/or any member of your party to leave immediately if your conduct is considered by us to be inappropriate, likely to cause harm, or impair the enjoyment, comfort or safety of your neighbours, other members of your group, staff and/or the general public, or is likely, in our belief, to breach any terms of our agreement with you (including these conditions). No refunds or compensation will be given in these circumstances and we reserve the right not to accept any future bookings from you or any member of your party.
Our liability to you
31. Nothing in these terms seeks to limit or exclude our liability if something we do or fail to do causes death or personal injury through our negligence or if we cause damage to your property and that cause is our fault. We are also not seeking to exclude or limit our responsibility for loss caused by the services not matching our description of them or our negligent performance of the services.
32. Other than this liability which we have accepted, we will not be liable for any losses that you suffer as a result of any breach of our agreement (including these conditions) except those losses which are reasonably foreseeable to both of us at the time we enter into the contract with you.
33. We shall not be held liable for any damages or loss (whether direct or indirect and howsoever caused) arising from the total, or partial failure to provide your trip if such failure is:
33.1 attributable to you; or
33.2 unforeseeable or unavoidable and attributable to a third party unconnected with us or any of our sub-contractors; or
33.3 as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control including but not limited to strikes, war, civil or political unrest or government action; or
33.4 as a result of any event which Saddle Skedaddle or the supplier of the services could not foresee or forestall; or
33.5 due to the theft of bicycles or injury as a result of cycling either on or off road and in particular injuries as a result of either inadequately maintained and/or serviced personal equipment or failure to wear the correct safety equipment most notably cycle helmets, unless demonstrably due to our negligence.
34. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to:
34.1 the contractual terms of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements which are incorporated into and form part of your contract with us; and
34.2 any relevant international convention, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage which are incorporated into and form part of your contract with us and we are to be regarded as having all the benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these or any other such conventions.
35. In addition, since the services are provided to you as a consumer, we cannot accept responsibility for any losses related to any business of yours such as lost data, lost profits, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of goodwill or other business or indirect loss that you may incur as a result of any breach of our agreement (including these conditions).
36. We will also not be liable for direct damage or loss of any nature caused, or contributed to, by any defect in or failure (whether partial or complete) of any travel services not provided by us, and which we could not reasonably be expected to be responsible for.
37. Except for those areas for which we do not seek to exclude liability, our total liability to you is limited to twice the basic tour price per person shown on the invoice.
38. We sell certain trip packages that bear the name of HF Holidays, Traidcraft and other such organisations that we work with from time to time (the “Organisations”). Your contract for any such trip package is exclusively with us and as such none of the Organisations have any liability to you under these conditions, whether or not you decide to take this trip as a result of any introduction from such an Organisation. Any claim you wish to make under these conditions should be made to us and not the Organisation in question.
38. Any complaints regarding the trip should be made to the tour leader and/ or local representative who will normally take the appropriate action. If at the end of the tour, you feel that your complaint was not dealt with properly and were not satisfied with the response, you must notify us of your complaint in writing within 28 days of the actual completion date of the tour. We will try to agree a settlement with you.
39. If, despite our best efforts and having followed the above procedure for reporting and resolving your complaint, you feel that it has not been satisfactorily settled, we recommend that it is referred for arbitration under the ABTOT Travel Industry Arbitration Service. An Independent Arbitrator will review the documents relating to any complaint and deliver a binding decision to bring the matter to a close. Details of this scheme are available from The Travel Industry Arbitration Service, administered by Dispute Settlement Services Ltd at Old Exchange House, Marford Road, Wheathampstead, Herts, AL4 8AY or from ABTOT, 117 Houndsditch, London EC3A 7BT. This scheme cannot however decide in cases where the sums claimed exceed £1,500 per person or £7,500 per booking form, or for claims which are solely or mainly in respect of physical injury or illness or the consequence thereof. Alternatively you can refer your complaint to ABTA as outlined in clauses 40 and 41.
40. We are a member of ABTA, membership number [Y6297] We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We certainly hope that we can settle any complaints amicably. However, should this prove not to be the case you may refer any dispute to arbitration through ABTA’s arbitration scheme. The scheme provides for a simple and inexpensive method of arbitration on documents alone with restricted liability for you in respect of costs. The scheme is subject to certain financial limits on the amount that can be claimed as determined from time to time by ABTA. Please note that the scheme does not apply to claims which are solely in respect of physical injury or illness or their consequences, although claims which include an element of minor injury or illness can be considered subject to a limit as set from time to time by ABTA on the amount the arbitrator can award per person, in respect of this element.
41 Any application for arbitration, together with any related statement of claim, must be received by ABTA within eighteen months of the date of return. Outside this time limit arbitration under the scheme may still be available if we agree, but the ABTA Code does not require such agreement. For injury and illness claims, you may like to use the ABTA/Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Mediation Procedure. This is a voluntary scheme and requires us to agree for mediation to go ahead. The aim is to help you resolve your dispute in a quick and cost effective way. Details are available on request or from www.abta.com.
42. Please note that all information given about our trips, whether in our brochure, on our website or otherwise, is intended merely to present a general idea of the trip. Information is correct to the best of our knowledge. You will be provided with an itinerary for your trip giving details such as, the type of accommodation used, what is included in the price, passport and visa requirements, and health formalities. Changes in all of these items may be made at any time and we will notify you of any changes that we become aware of as soon as we are reasonably able to do so. For most trips we publish detailed Trip Notes which contain up-to-date definitive information about the trip, and which will be sent on request or can be downloaded from your account area on our website. You should ensure that you are fully aware of the contents of the Trip Notes before booking. In all cases the tour dossier should be considered as more up to date than the brochure. The information and conditions relating to your trip (and extension/ options where applicable) contained in the Trip Note will be deemed to be part of the contract between us, and you should therefore read them carefully.
Health precautions & FCO advice
43. You should check what vaccinations and other health precautions are required or are advisable for your chosen destination and journey with your doctor in good time before departure.
Airline regulations state that women 28 weeks or more into pregnancy at the time of return travel must have written confirmation from a doctor that they are fit to travel when checking in for their outward flight. Normally, permission to travel is refused after 32 weeks. We can only accept your booking upon the clear understanding that we cannot be liable if any airline refuses to accept you or any member of your party as a passenger for this reason.
44. You must provide us with full details of any existing medical problem or disability that may affect your travel arrangements (including, in particular, any accommodation requirements) at the time of booking. If in our reasonable opinion, your chosen travel arrangements are not suitable for your medical problem or disability or you are not travelling with someone who can provide all assistance you may reasonably require, we have the right to refuse to accept the booking. If you do not give us full details of your medical problem or disability at the time of booking, we can also cancel the booking when we find out the full details if in our reasonable opinion the travel arrangements are not suitable or you are not travelling with someone who can provide all assistance reasonably required. If we cancel in this situation, cancellation charges as set out in clause 4 must be paid by the person concerned.
45. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (“FCO”) produces a wide range of material about overseas countries including details of political unrest, crime and health issues. If you have any particular concerns then you should refer to the FCO website at www.fco.gov.uk.
Safety and Security
46. Your personal belongings are your own responsibility during your trip with us. You should be aware the police have notified us that personal cycles are particularly vulnerable to theft.
47. Activities which take place out of doors are provided subject to appropriate weather conditions prevailing at the time the activity is to take place.
48. You must ensure that any activity or facility selected by you or any member(s) of your party is suitable for those who are taking part.
49. You are required to follow any safety advice provided to you including wearing a cycle helmet when cycling.
Points and prohibitions to consider before booking (to which you will be deemed to have agreed by booking)
50. You may not bring with you or use any shotgun, knife, firearm, air weapon, archery equipment, fireworks (including sparklers), illegal substances or similar item under any circumstances.
51. Should you wish to use one of our trips as a gift, prize, part of a reward programme or other promotion you must contact us before making the booking. We will detail the special requirements that apply. By booking you will be deemed to have accepted our special requirements as notified to you.
52. You may not advertise, use, give or resell your trip or any discount offer associated with it or offer to do so (for profit or otherwise) or use it in connection with a competition, promotion, business and charitable or any other similar venture without our express advance written permission.
Equipment and Accommodation
53. Each accommodation provider may have its own terms and conditions on which they accept guests, and you agree to abide by these.
54. You are expected to use the equipment and facilities provided to you with care and to keep them in a clean and tidy condition. We reserve the right to charge you for any extra cleaning, missing items or damage.
55. We reserve the right to enter your accommodation at any time for any reasonable purpose, for example, to make checks, or carry out essential inspection, maintenance work, housekeeping or repairs. Please note that your occupation is not therefore exclusive.
56. As we continually strive to improve our facilities and trips you acknowledge and accept that you may find that:
56.1 new facilities are available;
56.2 listed facilities are temporarily closed for maintenance and/or improvement;
56.3 some facilities have been altered;
56.4 maintenance work or housekeeping tasks are undertaken; and
56.5 different equipment is provided to that described in our brochures or other communications.
57. If bringing your own equipment on one of our trips, please ensure that it is adequately maintained and insured. We will take all reasonable care when transporting equipment, however we are not responsible for any damage caused to equipment by a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for, whether such damage is caused during the trip or while the equipment is in transit.
Compensation payable by you
58. By booking you agree that we have the right either during or after your tripto recover from you, either via the credit/charge or debit card used to pay for the trip or otherwise, the costs of:
58.1 any compensation we may pay to others, including others on the tour, resulting from your acts or omissions; and/or
58.2 any property or accommodation damage caused by your or any member(s) of your party; and/or
58.3 any other charges, fees or levies we may incur resulting from your action or inaction and from any breach of these conditions.
59. These booking conditions (or any part of them) may only be waived by one of our directors in writing.
60. These booking conditions are governed by English law and both you and we agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
62. We may transfer and / or assign its rights and / or its obligations under these booking conditions. This will not affect your rights under this contract. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these booking conditions without our prior written consent, which we may not unreasonably withheld.
63. You are responsible for the supervision of all members of your party under the age of 18.
64. If either you or we breach this contract and the party not in breach ignores this, the party not in breach will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies at a later date.
65. If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which our liability to you is excluded) the enforceability of any other part of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
66. A person who is not a party to this contract has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this contract, but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
67. The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT) provides financial protection under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 for Saddle Skedaddle Limited, and in the event of their insolvency, protection is provided for the following: 1. non-flight packages and; 2. flight inclusive packages that commence outside of the EU, which are sold to customers outside of the EU. ABTOT cover provides for a refund in the event you have not yet travelled or repatriation if you are abroad. Please note that bookings made outside the EU are only protected by ABTOT when purchased directly with Saddle Skedaddle - ABTOT Membership Number 5111. In the unlikely event that you require assistance while abroad due to our financial failure, please call our 24/7 helpline on 01702 811397 and advise you are a customer of an ABTOT protected travel company. You can access the Package Travel and Linked Travle Arrangements Regulations 2018 here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2018/9780111168479/contents
Excursions and Experiences
68. We appreciate you may wish to partake in other activities before, after or indeed during your trip with us. If an excursion or experience forms part of your package trip for which we will be responsible we will advise you and it will be included as part of the price of your trip.
69. In some instances we are also able to offer assistance and reserve certain experiences and activities for you, for which you pay locally in resort. In these circumstances, we only act as a booking agent for the operator or the excursion or activity concerned. Your contract will therefore be with the local operator which provides it and it does not form part of your contracted trip arrangements with us. The contract will be subject to the local operator’s terms and conditions, some of which may exclude or limit its liability to you, and will be governed by local law and jurisdiction. Saddle Skedaddle accepts no liability for any breach of contract or negligent act or omission of any excursion/activity provider.
70. All the activities, the restaurants and other venues that we may refer to are not included in the trips we sell (unless explicitly stated otherwise), are not under our direct control and have not been inspected by us. Therefore any mention of them is merely an indication that these facilities have proved popular with other guests and are not a personal recommendation by us. From time to time we may introduce you to third party suppliers of excursions or other leisure services. If you choose to enter into a contract for the provision of excursions or other leisure services, your contract will be with that supplier directly, and it will be their responsibility to deliver the proper performance of that contract, Saddle Skedaddle would have no liability to you.
Bike Hire/Rental Conditions
1. Advance booking is necessary to reserve equipment. Bookings are not confirmed until receipt of payment.
2. The equipment, including all accessories supplied, is let out to rent. The equipment remains our property and you will not sell, hire out or otherwise part with the possession thereof.
3. You undertake not to misuse the equipment and to return it with all accessories in the same condition as it was when received by you (ordinary wear and tear excepted). We shall be entitled to charge you for any damage caused to the equipment during the period of renatal caused by your act or omission. In the event of a breakdown, other than a result of your misuse, we will use reasonable endeavours to repair or procure the repair of the equipment.
4. In the event of the equipment being stolen or lost, we reserve the right to call upon you to indemnify us for the cost of the replacement of the equipment, which will amount to not less than £250 or the USD equivelent. However should the equipment subsequently be returned in a satisfactory condition, we will refund you within 14 days.
5. You must ensure that the equipment is adequately secured when not in use, not use the equipment while under the influence of alcohol or drugs and immediately notify us in the event of the breakdown or loss of the equipment.
Saddle Skedaddle Limited
The Cycle HUB, Quayside, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE6 1BU, UK
Registered in England 3719782
VAT No 809255619
Member of the Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (No.5111)